I have been working in IT for over 25 years. During this time, I have worked in a range of companies covering many different aspects of IT giving me a wide spectrum of skills covering everything from Software and Hardware to Management and Consultancy.
For the last 3 years I have been primarily working on the Salesforce platform, initially as a Technical & Functional Consultant but then moving into a role as Delivery Manager, Senior Solution Architect and Technical Team Lead.
My primary strengths include:
- Team Management: Ensuring that my team produces high quality work and meets deadlines while providing guidance and assistance to help them consistently achieve goals and develop their skills.
- Business Analysis: Years of experience working with clients across a range of industries allows me to quickly understand complex system requirements. This gives me the ability to see opportunities to suggest process improvements, optimisations and in many cases simplified solutions that provide an easy-to-use solution focusing on what is most important to the client.
- Project Management: Working with an Agile project management approach I have led hundreds of projects of various sizes ranging from small scale projects where I was responsible for all aspects through to large scale projects where I am coordinating multiple teams working together on a single overall solution.
- Software Development: While I do not consider myself a software developer I have a very strong proficiency with Apex, C#, .NET, SOQL, SQL and HTML as well as an excellent working knowledge of several other programming languages.
Overview of skills
- Sales Cloud 100% 100%
- Service Cloud 100% 100%
- Apex 90% 90%
- Community/Experience Cloud 95% 95%
- Pardot 85% 85%
- Field Service Lightning 90% 90%
- CPQ 80% 80%
- Team Management 100% 100%
- Project Management 100% 100%
- Business Analysis 100% 100%
- Software Development 90% 90%
- Network Administration and Technologies 95% 95%
- Server Management 90% 90%
- Cross Platform System Integration 95% 95%
Tether (March 2018 – Present)
Tether are a Salesforce Implementation Partner with offices in Ireland & The UK. I am currently the Service Delivery Manager.
My primary roles include:
- Staff management: Setting goals and motivating the implementation teams as well as working with sub-contractors to ensure projects are completed and delivered within budget and on time.
- Business Analysis: I am responsible for all Business Analysis and Solution Design on our larger projects. This involves in-depth scoping sessions, overall solution design, technical architecture and development of functional requirement documents
- Project Management: Setting and managing project goals and timelines as well as ensuring clear ongoing communication with clients throughout the project.
- Business Reporting: Preparing and monitoring ongoing business reports for senior management as well as ensuring that we are meeting KPI’s and following our business plans on an ongoing basis.
Technologies used include:
- Sales Cloud
- Service Cloud
- Field Service Lightning
- Experience/Community Cloud
- Einstein Analytics
- LWC & Lightning Component Development
Infinite Technology (October 2016 – March 2018)
Infinite Technology are an MSP providing complete outsources IT services to companies across Ireland. I was the Service Desk Manager, 3rd Level support engineer and project lead for Installation projects.
- Management of the Service Desk to ensure incoming support requests were being dealt with efficiently
- Project Planning & Implementation
- Technical Sales Support
- Technical Consultation Services
- Creating Business Processes to improve customer experience
- Custom scripting and software development for internal support tools to meet specific requirements
Technologies covered include:
- High Availability Microsoft Hyper-v clusters
- High Availability Vmware Clusters
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Solutions
- Disaster Recovery Process
- Backup Software such as Veeam, Acronis, Ahsay etc.
- Kaseya VSA
- Multi-site Network Management
- Cisco Routers & Firewalls
- Fortinet High Availability Firewall
- Implementation & Management
Intec Software Solutions (March 2006 – September 2016)
Intec Software Solutions is a company I started in 2006 that specialises in product integration. Intec’s primary focus is Custom Software Development, IT Support, Time & Attendance Systems, Access Control and Traffic Statistics software. My primary roles included:
- Staff management: Setting goals and motivating the development team as well as working with sub-contractors to ensure projects are completed and delivered within budget and on time.
- Customer Sales and Support: I was the primary point of contact for all customers as well as liaising with our various business partners (Resellers, technology partners).
- Business Reporting: Preparing and monitoring cash flow reports, return on investment reports and ensuring that we are meeting KPI’s and following our business plans on an ongoing basis.
- Product research\development: Researching potential software products and developing prototypes as a proof of concept before creating a development plan.
Technologies used include:
- Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2013 & 2015.
- VMWare Workstation, Fusion, vSphere & ESXi.
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 & 2012.
- Microsoft Products including Office 365, Sharepoint, Microsoft Exchange, MSSQL Server.
- Cloud Technologies including Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Windows Terminal Server.
- Citrix XenApp 6.
- Programmable Logic Controller development using both custom boards and existing technology such as the Crouzet Millenium 3 and Arduino.
- Ubuntu Linux
Notable Projects include:
- Stadium Attendance Management system for a football stadium to provide live tracking of attendance as well as historical reporting using a custom system developed to track turnstile events at the entrance gates.
- Off-Grid Power System: In conjunction with a renewable energy company we developed an off-grid power system using a custom PLC solution to monitor power usage and generation. The system integrates a bank of batteries, wind turbine, solar panels and a diesel generator to ensure maximum use of generated energy when available and to provide backup power through the generator when required.
The system would intelligently switch between available power sources and when necessary dump excess power to protect the health of the batteries into either water heaters or an alternative heat dump as required.
- Integration of a vehicle classification device with existing systems within county councils to provide vehicle usage statistics for existing roads.
- Custom Event Management system developed as an online system to manage event bookings, accounts, financial forecasting and room assignments for accommodation.
In 2011 I also opened a retail premises (Techmate) as a response to the increased demand for computer repairs and technical support. Techmate is a computer repairs and sales business with a retail premises focusing primarily on computer support and repairs for both small business and home users.
This side of the business has focused primarily on the area of hardware maintenance and troubleshooting for end users as well as being a largely customer facing role requiring us to find ways to explain complex issues in an easy to understand manner.
Freelance Support (January 2003 – March 2006)
I would provide a yearly support contract and was a “one man IT department” for my customers. This involved all areas of IT including network administration, telephony and hardware support as well as liaising with vendors on my clients’ behalf when introducing new systems. Technologies used include:
- Windows Server 2003 (Design, deployment and maintenance).
- Citrix Presentation Server.
- VMWare Workstation.
- VPN Configuration and support using multiple systems such as Cisco, ZyXEL and Windows VPN.
- DNS and DHCP server configuration and maintenance.
- OpenSUSE Linux.
- Novell Netware 6.0 & 6.5.
- Microsoft Access MDB and ADP Projects.
- Custom software development in VB.NET and C#.
Adest Document Management (March 2001 – January 2003)
Adest are an electronic document management software company that specialise in paperless office solutions. I worked for Adest as an onsite and in-house technical engineer. My responsibilities included:
- Installation and configuration of document management server and client software including;
- Installation and configuration of MSSQL servers for application data.
- Server security configuration for group and user level access to documents.
- Troubleshooting general network issues including DNS and TCP/IP configuration errors.
- Troubleshooting issues with DCOM for client/server application communication.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Client Software in a Citrix Environment.
- Ongoing support of existing installations including;
- MSSQL server backup and redundancy configuration and support.
- Troubleshooting software issues and where necessary submitting bug reports and liaising with the development team to resolve issues and install patches between official releases.
- Adapting existing installations to user needs as their requirement developed or changed over time.
- Technical Sales Support: Accompanying the sales team to meetings to provide technical advice and suggestions to both the sales team and potential clients to ensure that our system could both meet our clients requirements without issue and to provide suggestions for additional possible uses to potential clients.
- Problem solving: If there were any sites that were having unexpected issues I was responsible for visiting the site and troubleshooting the issue until it was resolved.
Medical Supply Company (January 1999 – March 2001)
Medical Supply Company provide medical lab equipment and software. My role was primary technical engineer which involved the following responsibilities:
- Design, deployment and maintenance of complete network systems to laboratories primarily using windows server NT4.0 and Windows 2000 Server with windows 98 clients.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of physical network installations using 10/100 Ethernet switches, TCP/IP, Custom DNS configuration for Active Directory and Remote Access Services for troubleshooting.
- Configuration and maintenance of Active Directory Services for network permissions and security of private patient data.
- Implementation of Audit Trail Logging systems for private patient data.
- Installation, support and maintenance of custom software for laboratories.
- Creating lab interface specifications for communicating with laboratory equipment, liaising with development team to create interfaces as well as installation and maintenance of same.
- Some VB 6.0 development for in-house projects.
Pricewaterhouse Coopers (August 1998 – January 1999)
- Commissioning new computer equipment and user accounts for incoming employees.
- Troubleshooting user issues including;
- Issues with Lotus Notes system used for internal communications.
- Network access issues (Client network configuration issues, physical network troubleshooting, server issues with network accounts and hardware issues with network cards or switches).
- Computer client hardware issues including desktop computers, laptops, printers and accessories.
- Escalating support issues to the relevant hardware or software vendors where applicable and following up to ensure that issues were successfully resolved.
Herbst Software (November 1996 – August 1998)
- Design, deployment and maintenance of Novel Netware 4.1 Servers with mixed MS DOS 6.2, Windows 3.11 and Windows 95 Client Computers primarily using IPX/SPX as the network protocol.
- Design, deployment and maintenance of Windows NT 4.0 Servers including configuration of Primary and Backup Domain Controllers for redundancy with mixed MS DOS 6.2, Windows 3.11 and Windows 95 Client Computers. These networks primarily used a combination of TCP/IP and NetBEUI as Network Protocols as well as IPX/SPX in some mixed server environments integrated with Novel Netware Servers.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of existing Token Ring based networks.
- Conversion of Token Ring based networks to Ethernet based networks.
- Liaising with dBase and Clipper programmers to troubleshoot software bug reports.
- Onsite software installation and configuration as well as phone based technical support.
- Database administration and configuration using both dBase and Visual Foxpro in-house and for customers on site.
For 15 years I was co-founder of a voluntary committee running a non-profit community-based salsa dancing festival. This has become Ireland’s largest annual salsa event with hundreds of people attending every year. My contribution to this committee was to bring the following skills to the organisation:
- Logistics & Scheduling
- Volunteer Management
- Budget Management
- Contract Negotiations
- Marketing & Sales
- Fund Raising